Salesforce.org’s Winter ‘22 Release Helps Nonprofits Connect Data and Experiences on One Integrated Platform
Salesforce.org Elevate is in the process of being retired, and will no longer be sold as of April 3, 2023. See more information in our communication, or find one of our many partners on the AppExchange if you are searching for a digital fundraising solution.
For existing customers, Elevate will be supported through the end of existing contracts.
As we enter into the giving season, nonprofits and grantmakers continue to embrace technology to provide supporters with personalized and relevant experiences. Based on our recent State of Marketing Trends Report, innovation, collaboration, engaging constituents in real time, and evolving digital constituent experiences continue to be top nonprofit challenges.
Today, we’re thrilled to announce the new innovations in our Winter ‘22 release to help nonprofits and grantmakers meet these challenges by helping them access technology and connect data and experiences on one integrated platform. In this release, we’re reimagining the Power of Us Program in the United States to give nonprofits and grantmakers further access to key digital technology. Globally, we’re also enhancing our solutions in fundraising, marketing & engagement, program management, and grants management.
New innovations in our Winter ‘22 release help nonprofits and grantmakers meet new challenges through technology, data, and experiences on one integrated platform.
Democratizing Access to Technology With the Power of Us Reimagined
To strengthen our commitment to easier access to technology, we’re reimagining the Power of Us Program. Our new program includes a new edition of Elevate*, giving Salesforce customers access to digital fundraising integrated with the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) with no upfront costs and fees based on the amount of funds raised, unless the donor covers them, as well as new modules in Trailhead and discounted services to help customers quickly get started.
Organizations, like LA Family Housing (LAFH), that were looking to adjust their support services are taking advantage of the Power of Us Program. “While we had already started to digitize our processes before the pandemic, we knew our current model wasn’t sustainable to support current donation rates,” said Lelan Fernando, individual giving manager for LAFH.
“We decided to integrate Elevate into our existing solutions that were made available through the Power of Us Program. The integration of these products enabled us to harness the energy of our donors – where we raised over $1 million in a single virtual fundraiser – and funneling it toward causes our community desperately needed.”
Find more information on the Power of Us Reimagined here.
Use One Integrated Platform to Become Digital-First
Nonprofits are continuing to use platform technology to properly understand those that support their missions. Our new innovation will help organizations:
- Ensure key constituent information is up to date. Experience Cloud for Nonprofits Enhancements include common components available for faster setup of an Experience Cloud site including My Profile, Communication Preferences, Registered User Matching, and Automated Site Setup
Create Donor-Centric Experiences With Our Fundraising Solution Innovations
Fundraisers are continuing to engage with donors and supporters on various channels. Doing so properly requires having up-to-date information and digital systems in place to support online giving. Our new features and enhancements allow fundraisers to:
- Generate accounting data for any purpose with Accounting Subledger for any data model. Connect any object, including expenses, to Accounting Subledger to share, reconcile, and report to your accounting system.
- Better analyze and understand recurring donor programs with Recurring Donations Change Log. Track advanced details about recurring donation changes to Amounts, Status Values, Schedules, and Campaigns.
- Ensure postal mailings are accurate with Bad Address Indicator. Identify bad addresses and stay in sync between Household, Contact, and Address records without having to manually update or build out automations.
- Increase conversion using digital wallets. PayPal Checkout is now supported in Elevate.*
- Build product knowledge before going live with Elevate* Test Mode. This feature enables administrators to explore Elevate functionality and payment data flows into a connected CRM sandbox and vice versa.
- Quickly setup your CRM instance to prepare for connecting with Elevate* Onboarding Status Page. Elevate customers will be able to see all of the prerequisite steps for NPSP and the status of each in one place.
Find and Engage Lifelong Supporters With Our Marketing & Engagement Solution Innovations
Marketers are also amplifying key messages with supporters and ensuring they target the right audience with the right message at the right time. Our recent Nonprofit Marketing Trends Report found that 83% of nonprofit marketers say people’s preferences are changing their digital strategies. Our new innovations allow marketers to:
- Process NCOA updates so direct mail reaches donors who have changed homes with International National Change of Address for the U.K. This new Insights Platform feature automates change of address updates for the U.K. with partner Data8.
- Save time and reduce manual processes with Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits. Use new automated steps (40% of steps are automated!) to set up Marketing Cloud when getting started with Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits.
- Get started with journey and email templates with less effort with Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits. Take advantage of new journeys, email templates, and prebuilt segments with data for recurring donors, retention, urgent appeals, and more.
- Increase donor conversion with Elevate* Template for Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits. A new email template to use across multiple journeys to direct the donor to a personalized Giving Page.
- Connect with your constituents in their language with Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits Template Globalisation. Email templates are available in Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, and U.K. English.
Amplify Program Impact With Our Program Management Solution Innovations
In parallel with giving season, organizations are doing important work to run programs and manage their mission. New features in our program management solution allow program leaders and case managers to:
- Give clients agency in their own success with Client Experience. New components in Experience Cloud for Nonprofits give clients access to view case plans, case teams, and status updates, upload documents, and add comments for case managers through a client Community.
- Get up to speed on a client faster by viewing and filtering all notes on a single screen without having to click into each individual note with Full Client Note History.
- Decrease administrative steps when adding new program engagements and program participants without having to leave the current workflow with Bulk Service Delivery and Service Schedule Enhancements.
Simplify and Accelerate Grantmaking With Our Grants Management Innovations
Grantmaking organizations are effectively delivering more funds to the communities that need them the most. New features in our grants management solution allow grantmaking leaders to:
- Simplify and accelerate the application review process for staff by selecting only the sections they need to see and provide feedback with Review Workspace. Grants Managers select which records, fields, data, and files associated with applications are visible to internal reviewers, allowing them to provide feedback used to make decisions on awards.
Learn more by checking out our Winter ‘22 Release Overview for the U.S. and International for a deeper dive, or register for our Release Harbor Tour on November 17 at 9 a.m. PST.
*Note: Elevate is available to United States-based organizations processing payments in U.S. dollars. Customers outside of the U.S. have the power of the Salesforce ecosystem.
About the Author
Senior Vice President & General Manager, Nonprofit Cloud
You Might Also Like
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…
Salesforce’s New Nonprofit Cloud unites programs, fundraising, engagement and outcomes.
Behavioral Economics Modeling AI enables nonprofit organizations to optimize donations from individual donors while lowering the cost per dollar raised