Salesforce.org’s Winter ‘21 Global Release Helps Nonprofits Thrive in the New Normal
Salesforce.org Elevate is in the process of being retired, and will no longer be sold as of April 3, 2023. See more information in our communication, or find one of our many partners on the AppExchange if you are searching for a digital fundraising solution.
For existing customers, Elevate will be supported through the end of existing contracts.
Nonprofits across the world have continued to navigate changing times, bringing both challenges and opportunities in fundraising, marketing and program delivery. The shift to digital continues to be more imperative than ever. When we can’t physically be together, technology is key to communicating effectively, and driving efficiency and speed so current resources can deliver more impact.
Today, we’re thrilled to highlight the Nonprofit Cloud Winter ‘21 release. In this release, we’re strengthening our solutions in fundraising, marketing & engagement and program management, helping our customers thrive in the new normal.
Create Donor-Centric Experiences With Our Fundraising Solution Innovations
Now that organizations are primarily fundraising through virtual events and other digital avenues, teams need to be more efficient and capture data across various channels.
“We selected an end-to-end fundraising system from Salesforce for a complete and accurate view of our supporters. Pardot and Elevate will help us extend our reach to one time and recurring donors, while data shared by donors will automatically flow into the NPSP and Accounting Subledger, ensuring our staff has the data they need to make decisions — all on a single platform.”
– Jana French, Business Development Manager, Crisis Text Line
Our new products, features and enhancements allow fundraisers like Jana to now:
- Enable donor-driven fundraising with Elevate Designations and Donor Cover. Organizations can use a single Giving Page to capture donations for a range of funds and collect fees through Donor Cover to help offset payments and platform fees.
- Use flexible payment options. In addition to Stripe, nonprofits can now connect to iATS in Elevate Payment Services with the goal to add more payment gateways in the future.
- Seamlessly integrate Elevate and the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). Users can now cancel a recurring donation originating from Elevate from within NPSP and receive an email notification when their recurring payment in Elevate fails.
- Faster and more intuitively onboard new admins on NPSP with the Getting Started Experience. This new experience helps customers evaluate the NPSP feature set and how it meets their needs.
- Better reconcile with finance with Gift Entry Automatic Batch Numbering.
- Flexibly map financial information with Accounting Subledger Accounting Sets. Use either the default NPSP data model or the “No Payment” data model which creates flexibility with the creation of Ledger.
- Harness Insights Platform Data Integrity, our data cleansing tool, in the UK and Netherlands, and filter addresses to update by specific campaigns.
- Unlock the power of fundraising data with Tableau Dashboards for Nonprofit Fundraising. These dashboards help track revenue, donor acquisition and retention, and campaign performance. In just a few clicks, you’ll be able to connect to NPSP to create beautiful, data-rich dashboards.
“As we had digitized our mission, we were able to make decisions and productively shift in 2020, with the time, space, and focus to learn new technologies. We had already used Tableau to understand program impact, and were able to quickly deploy Tableau Dashboards for Nonprofit Fundraising to now be able unlock our donor data, forecast more effectively, and visualize revenue performance.”
– Eric Dayton, buildOn
Find and Engage Lifelong Supporters With Our Marketing & Engagement Solution Innovations
Nonprofits are increasingly transitioning to digital engagement strategies to better engage supporters. With so many organizations engaging digitally, breaking through the ‘noise’ becomes even more difficult. To help nonprofits ensure that their message is heard, Salesforce has a series of new innovations designed to help nonprofits find and engage lifelong supporters.
Our new products, features and enhancements allow marketers to:
- Unify constituent data to personalize every interaction with Customer 360 Audiences. Customer 360 Audiences is a marketer and fundraiser-friendly customer data platform that helps nonprofit marketers unify their constituent data to personalize every interaction.
- Harness a brand new email building interface for Pardot users. Send emails faster and more efficiently with the new drag and drop email interface for Pardot.
- Plan, execute and track media campaigns in Datorama with the Datorama Media Planning Center. The Media Planning Center makes it easy to create, manage, and analyze media plans; and use Einstein AI to model a media mix and test scenarios.
- Use a new series of intelligent enhancements for Einstein for Marketing Cloud. Einstein Engagement Frequency recommends the optimal number of emails to send to maximize open rates and reduce unsubscribes and email fatigue. With Einstein Send Time Optimization Support for Single Send Journeys, Einstein can now predict the optimal time to send for single-send journeys, while Einstein Engagement Scoring for Mobile Push enables the tracking of engagement scores from SMS interactions.
Continue Delivering Vital Programs With Our Program Management Solution Innovations
As program teams pivot to meet the growing demand for services, organizations can continue delivering vital programs by moving off of paper and spreadsheets into a robust digital solution.
“Moving our program data to the Salesforce Program Management Module (PMM) allows us to assess not only a single program but our programmatic offerings as a whole. Having a framework that is customizable to our unique program offerings provides a vital foundation; one that is essential as we adapt, grow and scale to meet the current and future needs of the communities we serve.”
– Susan Costello Tennyson, Chief Program Officer, World Savvy
New features in our program management solution allow program leaders like Susan to now:
- Save time and manual data entry when setting up recurring services for groups or individual participants with Program Management Module (PMM) Recurring Services Tracking. This feature allows program staff to set up multiple offerings of the same service, for example a Monday & Wednesday Group and a Tuesday & Thursday Group.
- Simplify the intake and referral process, so clients get faster access to services with Nonprofit Cloud Case Management Intake & Referrals. Reduce the time and steps needed to enroll a client into a program, start delivering services, or refer them to another organization. Nonprofit Cloud Case Management is also now available for customers that require a HIPAA Compliant solution.
As the nonprofit community continues to navigate a rapidly changing landscape, we’re here to support. Learn more by checking out our Winter ‘21 Release Overview for a deeper dive, or register for our Release Harbor Tour on November 11, 2020 at 9 a.m. PST.
About the Author
David Ragones SVP & GM, Nonprofit Cloud, Salesforce.org
Dave brings a deep passion and commitment to the nonprofit sector. Six years ago, he co-founded his own non-profit, Piedmont Makers, dedicated to support and inspire K-12 S.T.E.A.M. education in the East Bay, California and beyond. He also served on the board of the Piedmont Education Foundation, which raises over $3 million annually for the Piedmont Unified School District.
You Might Also Like
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…
Salesforce’s New Nonprofit Cloud unites programs, fundraising, engagement and outcomes.
Behavioral Economics Modeling AI enables nonprofit organizations to optimize donations from individual donors while lowering the cost per dollar raised