New in Nonprofit Success Pack: Customizable Rollups Are Here!
At Salesforce.org, we’re committed to continuous innovation. Today, we’re excited to share our newest feature, Customizable Rollups. We want to start with a huge thank you to the community. This feature came from 15 ideas in the Power of Us Idea forum and was worked on at many open-source community sprints. Thank you for the feedback and for being a partner in building this great feature!
Fundraisers need a complete view of donor giving to properly engage with all types of donors, from major to recurring and more. Rolling up donor data is an essential part of this overall view, and an important part of fundraising with the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). And since every nonprofit is unique, it is especially important that you’re able to roll up exactly the data you need, and to the right records.
With Customizable Rollups, you can easily understand lifetime donor giving, years donated and more depending on your unique organizational needs. In fact, you can create as many custom rollups as you need and define their process, filters, and where they roll up to.
This new feature includes:
- Advanced Currency Management (ACM) – Organizations using Advanced Currency Management can use dated exchange rates
- Cash Accounting – Organizations can roll up payments associated with an opportunity at the household account and donor contact level
- Limitless flexibility – Organizations have even more flexibility when finding important information in NPSP. Users can create:
• Custom filters and roll up against any field within an object
• New rollup types to find information such as years donated or donor streaks
• Lookup relationships to link directly to key gifts and use rollups to report on any fiscal years an organization supports
- Scalability – Rollups can handle large data volumes, even millions of records
Customizable Rollups landing page
Create a New Customizable Rollup
Completed Customizable Rollup
See your Customizable Rollup in your contact record
Note: Once enabled, all your existing User Defined Rollups and 87 out-of-the-box NPSP rollups will be moved to the new Customizable Rollup tool.
Ready to get started? Take a look at the NPSP Customizable Rollups documentation for step-by-step instructions.
Want to learn even more about Salesforce for Nonprofits?
Check out our Trailhead module Salesforce Basics for Nonprofits. If you’re interested in diving deeper into NPSP, we’ve created a new Trail Mix, or a customized mix of our favorite trails, to get you started: Getting Started with Salesforce and the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) – Admins.
We’ll be hosting a Summer ’18 Highlights webinar on June 20th at 2:00 pm EDT / 11:00 am PST with a focus on Customizable Rollups. Keep an eye out on our upcoming webinar and events to register!
You Might Also Like
Salesforce’s Summer ‘23 Release features offer stronger solutions in programs and grantmaking.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations such as nonprofits and education institutions manage relationships with…
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…