HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! March 2018
By: The Salesforce.org Community Team
Welcome to the HubCapThe HubCap is a the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub!
Each month we’ll feature Salesforce.org product updates, a round-up of past and upcoming community events, community-contributed resources and Hub Happenings from the previous month.
There’s so much happening in the Hub, we want to make sure you’re not missing anything!
So… what happened in February?
These ideas have not yet been delivered but are in the works.
- Turn off Refresh Opportunities on Fixed Length Recurring Donations – This has been an issue that has frustrated many for a while now. Look for a fix coming in the near future.
- Populate Role for Affiliation in HEDA – This Idea is asking for additional configuration to say if a Program Enrollment record is created, in addition to auto creating the Affiliation, also populate Status and Role with values determined in HEDA Settings.
- Translate HEDA into Dutch – Excited to announce that Vincent Revenboer has volunteered to help with the translations! Stay tuned for updates as soon as we have anything to share.
- NPSP: Manage Trigger Handlers – thanks to our awesome documentation writer Sam Knox the NPSP community has even more Trigger documentation available to assist them on their journey!
- Volunteers for Salesforce Entity Relationship Diagram – Confused on how a Job relates to a Shift? Check out our brand new ERD.
- HEDA Data Dictionary – Our amazing HEDA team has created the HEDA Data Dictionary which is now linked from the General Information and Installation section of the HEDA Documentation.
- HEDA: Manage Trigger Handlers – thanks to our awesome documentation writer Sam Knox the HEDA community has even more Trigger documentation available to assist them on their journey!
Table-Driven Trigger Management (TDTM) Overview – This article was created to demystify TDTM — what it is and why it’s such a powerful tool for nonprofits and higher ed institutions using applications like the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) and the Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) from Salesforce.org.
- NPSP 3.120 was released to production instances on February 20 and features updated Dutch translations. Thank you to our friends from Cloud for Good Netherlands for contributing these translations. This release also allows you to set a smaller batch size on Recurring Donations, avoiding some common errors in the nightly rollups.
- Tune in to the NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group for more!
- HEDA Release 1.48 was pushed to production instances on February 20th! See the full conversation in the Hub.
- Tune in to the HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group for more!
Extend Your Learning
Here are a few recordings and slides of note from February:
- Becoming a Salesforce Administrator: A Training Path for New Sys Admins
- Transition to Salesforce Lightning for Nonprofits
- Fundraising & Grants Management – Top Tips From Austin Independent School District (K-12)
- Switching From Raiser’s Edge – Menlo School Explains Why They Moved to Salesforce for Fundraising (K-12)
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits in Spanish – stay tuned in the Hub for registration information
- Highlights of the Spring ‘18 Release
You can learn more about webinars in the MindShare Chatter Group, or the Getting Started Chatter Group (more specifically for the Getting Started with Salesforce Webinar Series) along the left-hand navigation of each group.
Blogs & Tidbits
- Blog: 12-Part Series about Direct Mail for Nonprofits
- Blog: Ask an Architect Series
- Blog: Top 5 Reasons Your K-12 School Should Move to Salesforce
- 2-Pager: 10 Simple Steps to Making a Successful Transition to Lightning
Check out the new Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Open Source Community Sprint, March 5-6 – Orlando, Florida
The 1st of 3 SFDO Sprints is taking place right now in Orlando! Be sure to follow the conversation in the Open Source Community Sprint Group in the Hub and on Twitter #SFDOSprint
Higher Ed Summit, March 21-23 – Washington, DC
Join Salesforce.org for the 6th Annual Higher Ed Summit, co-hosted by Georgetown University! A gathering of the most innovative community in Higher Ed. Register today! Check out the Higher Ed Summit 2018 Chatter Group in the Hub
TrailheaDX, March 28-29 – San Francisco, CA
Adventure awaits at the must-attend event of the year for developers and admins. Get hands-on and learn from Salesforce engineers, product leaders and the Trailblazer community. Register now!
Ask Me Anything, April 6, Online in the Hub
On Friday, April 6th at 9:00AM PST we’ll be holding the first ever ‘NPSP Real Talk,’ a LIVE Ask Me Anything (AMA) hosted in the Hub! The NPSP Product Delivery and Product Managements will be all-hands-on-deck to answer the toughest NPSP questions you can throw at them — including Nick Bailey (VP, Innovation and Product Management), Kevin Bromer (VP, Product Delivery), Mary Pustejovsky (Technical Product Manager, Nonprofit), and more! Stay tuned to the Hub for details about this not-to-be-missed event.
NPSP Day, April 10, New Orleans, LA
Get ready for a full day of Nonprofit Success Pack learning and contributing! Register today!
Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC), April 11 – New Orleans, LA, Register!
Association of Fundraising Professionals Conference (AFP), April 15-17 – New Orleans, LA, Register!
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce.
This month, check out how Street Youth Ministry Revamps Donor and Volunteer Relations with Salesforce.
Have a solution to share? Submit yours.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe!
Blog Post by Scott Williams, Embrace Your Data: Hidden Hyperlink and the Secret Sorting
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Announcements from your beloved community management team…
We’re doing a data clean-up!
Have you offboarded anyone from your team recently? Let us know! Email [email protected] and we can deactivate old user profiles to keep your account in order.
Every month we feature members of the Power of Us Hub who help others become more successful on the platform — they become “Hub Heroes”!
For the month of March, we are proud to highlight the community contributions of Trish Perkins and Scott Williams. Thanks to Trish and Scott for all you do! Read more about our March Hub Heroes! Want to nominate someone who has helped you in the Hub? Nominate a helpful Hubber.
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Salesforce’s Summer ‘23 Release features offer stronger solutions in programs and grantmaking.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations such as nonprofits and education institutions manage relationships with…
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…