HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! October 2018
Community snuggle at the Amplify Breakfast at Dreamforce 2018, Credit: Rachel Park
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub!
Each month we’ll feature Salesforce.org product updates, a round-up of past and upcoming community events, community-contributed resources and Hub Happenings from the previous month.
Can you believe it, Dreamforce has come and gone! Thank you to all 170,000 attendees who graced our beloved San Francisco in September, especially to all you who stopped by the Salesforce.org Lodge in the Westin to say hi and connect with other nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 customers and partners, what a week! Don’t worry, you can already mark your calendars for #DF19 — save the date for November 19-22, 2019. Aside from Dreamforce, Winter ’19 Release Notes and resources are available! Oh, and a brand new Getting Started webinar series — check it all out below!
So… what happened in September?
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation!
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release — which is every two weeks! — all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub. This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- For all general release information: Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group
Winter ’19 Release
- Notes: Release Notes
- Trailhead: Winter ’19 Release Highlights
- Trailhead: Prepare for Salesforce Releases
- Group: Success: New Release Readiness Group in the Hub
- Knowledge Article: 5 Steps to getting the most from a Salesforce Release
- Release in a Box: Download your Winter ’19 Release in A Box
- Webinar to come!
Extend your Learning
Lightning Transition Bootcamp
Our 6-week Lightning Bootcamp (starting again on Oct 2nd) will guide you through a basic Lightning transition in a supportive setting. Each week we’ll cover a different topic and present resources and best practices to support you. By the end of the bootcamp you should be well on your way to rolling out Lighting to your organization. Links to register are in the Lightning Chatter Group in the Hub! Keep an eye on the left hand navigation as information is updated!
Our content team has been busy! Here are a few webinar recordings and slides of note from September:
- (Higher Ed) Lightning Struck, Now What? for Higher Ed
- (Higher Ed) Getting Started: How to Use HEDA Reporting for Better Insights
- (Nonprofit) Inheriting a Salesforce Org
- (Nonprofit) Nonprofit Cloud for Program Management: How BuildOn Uses Salesforce to Drive Impact
- (Nonprofit) Designing the Donor Experience
- See all past recordings on the website or on the Salesforce.org YouTube channel
October Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Thurs, Oct 4th: Work Smarter with Salesforce Automation
- Weds, Oct. 10th: Getting Started with Salesforce for Advancement: #1 Planning for Success
- *NEW SERIES: Getting Started with Program Management! Find the first recording in this new series here. Find all future (still to come!) webinars on the Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits article.
Power of Us Live! Roundtables
“Circles of Success” are now be known as “Power of Us Live! Roundtables.” These are not your traditional sit and listen sessions; you have the unique opportunity to share and learn from your peers in an unscripted and interactive forum. Join the Power of Us Live! Roundtables Chatter Group in the Hub to learn more!
Power of Us Live! Roundtable sessions at Dreamforce 2018
If you did not make it to Dreamforce or missed one of our Roundtables we are hosting them virtually this month, sign up!
- (Higher Ed) Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Higher Education
- (Higher Ed) Content Summary for Salesforce Higher Education Customers
- See all Knowledge Articles!
- (Nonprofit) Improving Nonprofit Funding Decisions through Impact Measurement
- (Nonprofit) Striving for Impact: An Impact-First Partnership Pilot
- (Nonprofit) Kick Off Your #GivingTuesday Planning
- (Higher Ed) My HEDA Migration Story: How the University of Utah College of Nursing Migrated to HEDA in Six Weeks
- Two Steps to Optimize Your Data Model and Avoid CRM Performance Degradation
E-books & Guides
- Report: Social Impact Report 2018
- PDF: Lightning Experience Roadmap
- E-book: Nonprofit Impact Measurement E-book
- E-book: 50 Social Media Best Practices for Universities
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Sept 13th, 2018: Lightning Product AMA (Ask Me Anything!), Virtual in the Hub, See what questions were asked in the Group!
Sept 25th – 28th, 2018: Dreamforce 2018, San Francisco, CA, Learn more!
- Thank you to everyone who participated in Dreamforce 2018 — whether you were able to attend in person, or virtually… thank you!
- Nonprofit Keynote Recording
- Higher Ed Keynote Recording
- Join the conversation in the Dreamforce Chatter Group in the Hub; session recordings and links will be shared here in the Hub when they are available in a few weeks!
The Higher Ed Advisory Council at Dreamforce 2018, Credit: Joanna Iturbe
Sept 27th, 2018: Power of Us Party at Dreamforce, San Francisco, CA, thanks to all who attended!
Oct 23rd, 2018: Higher Ed Summit Horizons, Barcelona, Spain, Register today!
- Blog Post: Higher Ed Summit Horizons: 5 Reasons Why You Won’t Want to Miss It
- Join the conversation in the Higher Ed Summit Horizons 2018 Barcelona Chatter Group in the Hub
October 24-25, 2018: Community Sprint, Portland, OR, Register!
Nov 7th, 2018: Transition to Lightning Bootcamp (6-week) begins! Find links to register today!
Nov 8th & Nov 13th, 2018: The Connected Nonprofit Conferences
- London – Thursday, November 8th, Get details and Register!
- Amsterdam – Tuesday, November 13th, Get details and Register!
View all upcoming NPSP Days!
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce. Check out these new solutions:
- Harvard University Division of Continued Education
- University of Maryland, Smith Business School
- Metropolitan Economic Development Association (MEDA)
- Have a solution to share? Submit yours now.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Announcements from your beloved community management team…
Amplify’s 5th Birthday!
- Amplify celebrated its 5th Birthday in September!
- Wait, what’s Amplify? Founded Sept 12, 2013, our mission is: Empowering Underrepresented Voices in the Salesforce.org ecosystem and those who support them to be fearless leaders in technology.
- Join the Amplify and/or Amplify Partners & Accomplices Groups in the Hub today!
New Group Alert!
- SFDO Open Source Contributors Group. The new Contributors group will be the place to discuss ongoing community projects, find out how you can get involved with a project, and how you can contribute to a project or get one going!
- Join the conversation today!
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Salesforce’s Summer ‘23 Release features offer stronger solutions in programs and grantmaking.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations such as nonprofits and education institutions manage relationships with…
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…