HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! May 2019
Image Credit: Joanna Iturbe. Community Members gather on the final day at Higher Ed Summit 2019.
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
A LOT happened in April — Salesforce.org and Salesforce.com combined, the Power of Us Hub transitioned to Lightning, Summer ’19 Release Notes became available, the 2019 Class of Salesforce MVPs was announced, “HEDA” became “EDA,” and Higher Ed Summit 2019 went off with a bang… PHEW!
Let’s take a deep dive into what happened in April.
Salesforce & Salesforce.org Combine
On April 15, 2019, Salesforce announced that Salesforce.org, the independent nonprofit social enterprise, will be integrated into Salesforce. With Salesforce.org, Salesforce will scale its philanthropic efforts and create strategic synergies and operational simplicity that will enable the company to drive even greater success for its nonprofit, education and philanthropy customers. See the full press release.
HEDA → EDA: Introducing the New Education Data Architecture (EDA)
On April 16, 2019, Salesforce.org announced Education Data Architecture (EDA), the expansion of Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA). HEDA, the foundation of Education Cloud, is leveraged by more than 1,000 higher education institutions including Harvard, UVA and UMASS Lowell. Now, the data architecture will support the needs of both K-12 and higher education organizations. A new K-12 Kit (available by June 2019) will offer schools and systems an out-of-the-box way to get started with EDA, with custom fields and configurable dashboards unique to their needs. See the full press release.
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Education Data Architecture (EDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation
- Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S) documentation
Image: Check the newly updated Knowledge Tab in the Power of Us Hub (now in Lightning!) for product documentation, best practice and customer service knowledge articles.
Summer ’19 Release Notes [In Preview]. Follow the Summer ’19 Release Topic in the Hub.
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release, every two weeks, all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- EDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Join the Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group for all general Salesforce release information; Release Notes
Extend your Learning
Register today. Follow the Topic in the Hub now.
Here are the webinar recordings and slides of note from April:
- Get Started with Marketing Automation for Nonprofits
- Create an Effective Donor and Donation Management Strategy with Salesforce Architects
- Impact Jam: Nonprofits Programs Showcase
- Fundamentals Series #2: Configure & Customize Salesforce for Nonprofits
- Fundamentals Series #3: Import Data Using NPSP
- Get Started with Fundraising: #1 Fundraise for Nonprofits in NPSP
View all recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube Channel
NEW: Power of Us Hub YouTube Playlist
Image: Check out the new Power of Us Hub YouTube Playlist.
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Mon, May 8: Getting Started with an Inherited Org
- Mon, May 13: Get Started with Salesforce for Advancement: #2 Fundraising & Growth
- Tues, May 14: Get Started with Salesforce for Student Success: #1 Advising
- Mon, May 20: Get Started with Salesforce for Advancement: #3 Data & Insights
- Wed, May 29: Get Started with Salesforce for Recruiting & Admissions: #1 Recruitment & Marketing
See all upcoming webinars on the Webinars Topic in the Hub.
- New: Hub 2.0 FAQs
- New: When to use Topics, Public Groups, or Private Groups
- New: Asking a Question in the Hub
- Updated: Power of Us Hub Documentation
- Updated: Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Higher Education
- Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- See all Knowledge Articles in the Hub
- 4 Big Tips: Salesforce for Alumni Relations and Engagement
- Sunny San Diego: Higher Ed Summit Is Coming Ashore
- Follow the Blogs Topic in the Hub
- Guide: The Higher Ed Trailblazer’s Guide to Salesforce
- Guidelines: FY20 Partner Guidelines
Check out the Community Events Topic in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Apr 4, 2019: Open Source Community Sprint, Amsterdam
- The first Community Day in Amsterdam was a huge success and we can’t wait to go back! There was a great turnout of both Partners and Customers, and we launched Big Dreaming (our new brainstorming exercise first launched in February at the Long Beach Sprint) with great results. We also made the switch from using Google Drive to GitHub to track project work, which you can check out!
Here are a couple highlights of what the Community worked on:
- Auto Lead Convert: Focus on general functionality and considerations surrounding automatic lead conversion options.
- EMEA Membership Management: Create a Recipe doc that helps EMEA organizations tackle the problem of renewing and changing memberships within Salesforce (subscriptions, recurring donations).
Image Credit: Jace Bryan – Community Sprint in Amsterdam.
Apr 12, 2019: dreamOlé.
Apr 16-18, 2019: Higher Ed Summit 2019, San Diego, California!
Image Credit: Joanna Iturbe
University of San Diego and Hundreds of innovative institutions from around the globe gathered at the University of San Diego on April 16-18, 2019 in sunny San Diego, California.
Follow the #HESummit19 Topic in the Hub and on Twitter. Higher Ed Summit 2020 to be hosted at Indiana University!
May 6, 2019: PhillyForce, Philadelphia, PA, Register now.
May 7, 2019: Salesforce World Tour New York, New York, New York, Register today.
May 13, 2019: Force Academy LA, Los Angeles, CA, USA, Register today.
May 14, 2019: Salesforce World Tour Washington D.C., Washington, DC, Register today.
May 29-30, 2019: TrailheaDX Developer Conference, Register today. Find nonprofit discounts in the Hub.
- Registration is now live for TrailheaDX 2019, the developer event of the year dedicated to clicks, code, and people who create. At #TDX19, we’re bringing together 14,000+ developers, admins, architects, and Salesforce employees for an immersive learning experience. Attendees will choose from 200+ technical sessions, get hands-on with the latest products in practical workshops, get 2 free certification vouchers, and celebrate at an epic party.
June 12-14, 2019: Texas Dreamin’, Austin, Texas, Register.
June 14, 2019: YeurDreamin’, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Register.
June 17-19, 2019: Connections, Register today. Find nonprofit discounts in the Hub.
- Salesforce Connections is for attendees who are seeking to connect with and build new direct relationships with their consumers. At Connections, the community of nonprofit, higher education, and K-12 innovators will come together to learn how technologies like CRM, AI, and marketing automation can empower organizations like yours to engage smarter.
June 27-28, 2019: NorCal Dreamin’, Sacramento, CA, Register.
July 10-12, 2019: Open Source Community Sprint, Detroit, MI. Check out the FAQ and then Register today.
- What’s an Open Source Community Sprint? It’s all about our amazing community! During the event, the community of admins, implementation partners, app partners, and developers will come together for 2 1/2 days with a common goal of making the ecosystem around our open source products better for everyone. The goal of the Community Sprint is simple: making the most of your contribution.
July 26-27, 2019: WITness Success, Nashville, TN, Register.
View all upcoming World Tour Events.
View all upcoming NPSP Days.View all upcoming Community Conferences..
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 6 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
The Hub is LIVE in Lightning!
On April 10th, 2019, the Power of Us Hub went live in Lightning! The Salesforce.org Community Team made the move to Lightning Communities in order to take advantage of the latest and greatest features of the Salesforce Community product. The upgrade allows us to make more frequent updates and enhancements to help make your experience in the Hub more personalized and collaborative! This new and improved Hub will curate your experience based on the #topics you follow, surfacing content, resources and people that will help you be successful on the platform.
- See the full blog post
- Visit the Hub and check it out
- View the Hub 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions
- Please use the topic #Hub Feedback to share feedback throughout this transition. We invite you to join us on this journey as we prep for Hub 2.0!
The 2019 Class of Salesforce MVPs was announced on April 3rd, 2019 — Congratulations, everyone! Join the conversation in the Hub.
New Community-Created content
- The PodCACHE: Collective Advice for CRM in Higher Education (Podcast)
- NPSP Videography – V4SF video in the NPSP How-To Series: Create Volunteer Jobs! (YouTube Video)
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
International Women's Day is a time to celebrate the accomplishments of women and girls around the world. It’s a time…
Learn more about the work of the Global Fund and why the focus on global health is still critical to…
During Black History Month, Salesforce is shining a light on some of our nonprofit customers who support and work with…