HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! May 2018
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is a the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub!
Each month we’ll feature Salesforce.org product updates, a round-up of past and upcoming community events, community-contributed resources and Hub Happenings from the previous month.
There’s so much happening in the Hub, we want to make sure you’re not missing anything!
So… what happened in April?
These ideas have not yet been delivered but are in the works.
- Payment Rollups to Contact and Account and Rollup field in the Recurring Donation to calculate when the RD is closed. These and quite a few other highly requested Ideas around rollup fields are coming soon to NPSP. Stay tuned and keep the feedback coming.
- Add “Description” field on Trigger Handler records: This Idea is asking to see a Description field added to Trigger Handler records outlining a brief description of how they can be managed.
NPSP and HEDA:
- State and Country Picklists for NPSP
Check out the list of NPSP documentation in the Hub!
- State and Country Picklists for HEDA
Check out our evolving list of HEDA documentation in the Hub!
- Tune in to the NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group in the Hub! Recent releases included a feature to automatically soft credit the Primary Contact in an organization gift and the ability to switch a GAU Allocation from Amount to Percent.
- HEDA Release 1.52 was pushed to production instances on April 17th! See the full conversation in the Hub.
- HEDA Release 1.51 was pushed to production instances on April 3rd! See the full conversation in the Hub.
- Tune in to the HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group in the Hub to jump in on the discussion!
- SAL Release 1.9 was pushed to production instances on April 3! See the full conversation in the Hub.
- SAL Release 1.10 was pushed to production instances on April 17! See the full conversation in the Hub.
- Tune in to the SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group in the Hub to join the conversation!
Extend your Learning
Tons of awesome webinars this month, oh boy! Here are a few webinar recordings and slides of note from April:
- Advisor Link: Three Approaches to Appointment Scheduling
- Challenge Accepted! Creating a Digital Community to Drive Impact
- Rethinking K-12 Admissions for New Efficiencies
- The Transformational Journey to Campus-Wide CRM
- Upgrade to the Nonprofit Success Pack
- Use Salesforce Community Cloud to Deepen your Engagement with your Constituents
- See all past recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube channel!
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- 5 Steps to an Engaged Community with Community Cloud (May 3)
- Salesforce Access Controls for Higher Education (May 9)
- See all upcoming webinars in the MindShare Chatter Group
- See all upcoming Getting Started (4-part) webinars in the Getting Started Chatter Group
Circles of Success
Circles of Success are not your traditional sit and listen sessions; you have the unique opportunity to share and learn from your peers in an unscripted and interactive forum. Join the Circles of Success Group in the Hub to learn more!
- How to Successfully Transition to Lightning in EMEA (May 8) and AMER (May 10)
- Become a Data Management Rockstar (May 17)
- Effective Donor Engagement with NPSP (May 22)
Blogs and Tidbits
- Ask an Architect: Governance, Huh? — plus full Ask an Architect Series
- 8 Ways to Break Nonprofit Barriers and Go From Small to Superstar
- Recharging Your Students’ Experience
- Reimagining Nonprofit CRM Towards Building a Movement
- Salesforce for Nonprofit Community Engagement Demo
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Higher Ed Summit, March 21-23 – Washington, DC
We now have the session and keynote recordings and photos from the Higher Ed Summit 2018! Visit the Higher Ed Summit 2018 Group in the Hub to find links and passwords to access!
Ask Me Anything!, April 6 –- Online, in the NPSP Real Talk Group in the Hub
On Friday 4/6 we hosted our first NPSP Real Talk / Ask Me Anything in the Hub for a 1 hour real time Q&A session with our NPSP Product Team. Lots of amazing questions asked and answered and hope to host more like this in the future! Check out the NPSP Real Talk LIVE Group in the Hub to see the virtual conversation.
NPSP Day, April 10 – New Orleans, LA
Image Credit: Ryan Ozimek
- Lovely, sunny day at NPSP Day in New Orleans. This was a great, collaborative event with our partner and customer community – we talked about everything from NPSP reporting, to user adoption challenges, to improving your presentation skills! Awesome event, as usual, Ryan and Katie!
Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC), April 11 – New Orleans, LA
Association of Fundraising Professionals Conference (AFP), April 15-17
Texas Dreamin’, June 14-15 – Austin, TX. Register now! Community-led event
Midwest Dreamin’, July 11-13 – Chicago, IL. Register today! Community-led event
Community Sprint, July 31st and August 1st – Denver, CO
Registration is live for the 2nd Open Source Community Sprint of 2018! Check out the announcement (including links to FAQs and Registration) in the Hub! Join the conversation in the Open Source Community Sprints Hub group!
Community Group (formerly User Group) Updates
Each month we will highlight new Community Groups! Check out the new groups:
- Foundations User Group: The vision for this group is to create a peer learning space for foundations that use Salesforce and related apps to manage their grantmaking.
- See all Community (User) Groups
Get Help from Experts at Salesforce
Pro Bono Program – Story of the Month!
If you have a need for Salesforce expertise that’s not time sensitive or mission critical, our Pro Bono Program might be the way to go! We aim to match nonprofits and education institutions with Salesforce employees to maximize their Salesforce implementation. Ideal Pro Bono projects should take 10 to 20 hours to complete and exclude integrations with third-party apps. Get more information including project guidelines, recommendations, and the application!
“It was great to have Jarad and Nitin (Salesforce employees) as resources to review and sanity check our data architecture and give us the benefit of their wide experience. We know how busy they must be. In spite of that, Jarad communicated with us weekly, set and met deadlines, and made themselves available to us outside of scheduled times. We thank them for their dedication to this project.” – Boston Day and Evening Academy
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce.
This month, check out how Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) Brings Advancement Into 21st Century with Salesforce. Salesforce products used: Sales Cloud, Salesforce1 Mobile App, Salesforce Platform, Advancement Connect. Use cases: Email Marketing, Donor Stewardship, Alumni Relations. Check out their full solution!
Have a solution to share? Submit yours now.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Announcements from your beloved community management team…
New Community Videos!
- The Power of Us Hub – Meet the Community
At the Community Sprint in Orlando in March, we filmed a new video about the community — what is the Power of Us and what does it mean do you all, our amazing community members! Check it out!
- NPSP How-To-Series
Over the past few weeks, the NPSP Videography team has been busy adding new short and informative videos for NPSP. These videos are entirely written and produced by the community.
Every month we feature members of the Power of Us Hub who help others become more successful on the platform — they become “Hub Heroes”!
For the month of April, we are proud to highlight the community contributions of Sandy Hunter, Collin Zimmerman and Nina Gomez-Fernandini. Thanks to Sandy, Collin and Nina for all you do! Read more about our May Hub Heroes! Want to nominate someone who has helped you in the Hub? Nominate a helpful Hubber.
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Salesforce’s Summer ‘23 Release features offer stronger solutions in programs and grantmaking.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations such as nonprofits and education institutions manage relationships with…
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…