HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! March 2019
Image Credit: Judi Sohn. Long Beach Group Photo. Salesforce.org Customers, Partners and Staff gather together at the Community Sprint in Long Beach, CA, Feb 19-21, 2019.
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
So… what happened in February?
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation
Spring ’19 Release
- Notes: Spring ’19 Release Notes
- Trailhead: Spring ’19 Release Highlights
- Trailhead: Prepare for Salesforce Releases
- Kit: Spring ’19 Release in a Box
- Webinar Recording (AMER): Spring ’19 Release from February 26
- Webinar (Upcoming – EMEA): Spring 19 Release Readiness EMEA on March 20
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release, every two weeks, all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Join the Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group for all general Salesforce release information; Release Notes
Extend your Learning
Ask an Architect
Customer Success Architects (CSAs) work alongside your staff and partners to accelerate your success developing and executing a business transformation roadmap. The CSA program is a Salesforce Service offering, and you can learn more (PDF) or by contacting your Account Executive.
As part of our service to you, we invite you to learn directly from a CSA through our “Ask an Architect” blog and webinar series. Gain knowledge, ask questions, and solicit advice from trusted Salesforce.org experts.
- View the Ask an Architect blog series
- February 2019 Blog Post: How to Manage User Requests for Salesforce Admin Permissions
- January 2019 Blog Post: Duplicate Management for Nonprofits and Higher Ed Organizations
Here are the webinar recordings and slides of note from February:
- Spring ’19 Release
- Getting Started Advancement Series: #4 Data & Insights
- Getting Started with Program Management Series: #2 Configure NPSP for Program Management
- Getting Started with Program Management Series: #3a Customize Cases (Service Cloud)
- Transition to Salesforce Lightning for Higher Ed
- Lightning Struck, Now What? for Higher Ed
- View all recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube Channel
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Mon, March 11: Getting Started with Program Management: #4: Import Data
- Thurs, March 12: Configure & Customize Salesforce for Nonprofits: #2 Fundamentals Series
- Mon, March 18: Getting Started with Program Management: #5: Reports and Dashboards
- Wed, March 20: Spring 19 Release Readiness for EMEA
- Thurs, March 21: Import Data Using NPSP: #3 Fundamentals Series
- Thurs, March 21: Upgrade to the Lightning Experience for Nonprofits
- Tues, April 2: Get Started with Marketing Automation for Nonprofits
- Tues, April 2: Transition to Lightning Bootcamp – 6 week April session kicks off
- Thurs, April 4: Lightning Struck, Now What?
Hub 2.0 Launch & Learn – Community Enablement Webinar Series
- Weds, March 6: Hub 2.0 Launch & Learn #1: Homepage
- Weds, March 13: Hub 2.0 Launch & Learn #2: Topics
- Weds, March 20: Hub 2.0 Launch & Learn #3: Knowledge
- Weds, March 27: Hub 2.0 Launch & Learn #4: Chatter & Profile
- Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Higher Education
- Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- See all Knowledge Articles!
Blogs & E-books
- Five Steps to Achieving Advancement Success with Salesforce
- How to Manage User Requests for Salesforce Admin Permissions
- How to Combine Impact Measurement and Program Management
- Accelerator Library for Premier Success Customers
- See all Salesforce.org blog posts.
Feb 19 – 21, 2019: Community Sprint, Long Beach, CA
Thank you Long Beach Sprinters! It truly was an epic sprint and a great way to kick off 2019. We held a pre-sprint half day event covering how to sprint, roadmaps, and CumulusCI Hands-On-Training to learn how to work with Community open source projects. We launched a new working group idea generation process meant to encourage brainstorming options for both introverts and extroverts, and to help new sprinters figure out what to work on at the sprint. We also coordinated a new mentor/mentee program to pair up long-term and new sprinters to help shepherd first timers though the sprint.
Stay tuned to the Sprint Hub group for further updates on projects that were worked on.
Image Credit: Cori O’Brien. CumulusCI Hands-On-Training group photo.
Feb 27, 2019: NPSP New Features Ask Me Anything (AMA), hosted in the Hub.
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Mar 8, 2019: London Calling, Register Here.
Mar 11, 2019: Pre-NTC Power of Us Live! Event, Register Here.
Mar 12, 2019: NPSP Day Portland, Portland, Oregon, Register Here.
Mar 13 – 15, 2019: 2019 Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC), Register Here.
Mar 20, 2019: Snowforce, Register Here.
Mar 21, 2019: Southeast Dreamin’, Register Here.
Apr 4, 2019: Transition to Lightning Bootcamp (6-week) begins! Register for the April Session.
Apr 12, 2019: dreamOlé, Register Here.
Apr 16-18, 2019: Higher Ed Summit 2019, San Diego, California! Register Here.
Join our co-host, University of San Diego, and hundreds of innovative institutions from around the globe on April 16-18, 2019 in sunny San Diego, California. Come excited, leave inspired to: Make Change. Make Changemakers. Get your ticket today! Register now..
View all upcoming World Tour Events.
View all upcoming NPSP Days.
Get Help from Experts at Salesforce
Pro Bono Profile: Transforming an After-School Program’s Approach to Tech
America SCORES runs after-school programs at 70 of the San Francisco Bay Area’s most challenged public elementary schools. The nonprofit engages students in a combination of soccer, poetry, and community service to help them lead healthy lives, build their confidence and character, and measurably improve their academic skills. Learn about how America SCORES requested a pro bono project through the Salesforce.org Pro Bono Program.
The Pro Bono Profiles blog series highlights Salesforce employees who volunteer their time and talent to help nonprofits harness the full power of Salesforce technology. See the most recent Pro Bono story.
Pro Bono Program
Need help using Salesforce to increase your impact? Our Pro Bono Program combines two of our greatest assets, technology and the talent of our Salesforce employees, to help organizations maximize their use of Salesforce.
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 6 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
The Salesforce.org Power of Us Hub is transitioning to Lightning in April! We are referring to the Hub in Lightning as “Hub 2.0.”
We are hosting a 4-part webinar series during the month prior to the transition to highlight new features of Hub 2.0. We will provide demos, overviews, and explanations to help enable you all — our amazing community! — as we prepare for the Power of Us Hub’s transition to Lightning. See webinar section above to register.
Each webinar will be followed by a 30 minute Ask Me Anything (AMA) in the Hub 2.0 Post-Webinar AMA Group in the Power of Us Hub, an opportunity to ask questions and get answers in real-time.
Please use the topic #Hub Feedback to share feedback throughout this transition. We invite you to join us on this journey as we prep for Hub 2.0!
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Salesforce’s Summer ‘23 Release features offer stronger solutions in programs and grantmaking.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations such as nonprofits and education institutions manage relationships with…
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…