HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! January 2019
Salesforce MVPs gather at the Community Sprint in Denver, 2018
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
This recap will be a different this month — instead of a monthly recap, we’ll give you the best of the best from 2018.
So, let’s take a look at what happened in 2018!
10 Content & Community Highlights from 2018
1. Awesome New Product Features, Fixes & Updates
- Customizable Rollups are here! Rolling up donor data is an essential part of fundraising with the Nonprofit Success Pack. And since every nonprofit is unique, it is especially important that you’re able to roll up exactly the data you need, and to the right records. With Customizable Rollups, you can create as many custom rollups as you need and define their process, filters, and where they roll up to…. check out all the details. Also, check out: Hard Credit vs. Soft Credit Customizable Rollups
- Soft Credit Automation and Platform Data Encryption are now GA! With Automated Soft Credits, you no longer have to manually enter soft credit influence, instead, soft credits are automatically created based on Affiliation or Relationship information in the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). By enabling Platform Encryption, customers who have purchased Shield platform encryption can encrypt various fields in NPSP including: Account Name, Account Billing Address, Account Website, Contact Name, Contact Mailing Address, Contact Other Address and Contact Title
- 3 New Clouds: Nonprofit Cloud, Education Cloud and Philanthropy Cloud
- 3 New Websites: Dutch, French and German
2. Lightning Adoption
- Bootcamp: We hosted four 6-week Lightning Bootcamps in 2018. These bootcamps guide you through a basic Lightning transition in a supportive setting. Each week we’ll cover a different topic and present resources and best practices to support you. By the end of the bootcamp you should be well on your way to rolling out Lighting to your organization. Links to register are in the Lightning Chatter Group in the Hub! Keep an eye on the left hand navigation as information is updated!
- 2-Pager: 10 Simple Steps to Making a Successful Transition to Lightning
- PDF: Lightning Experience Roadmap
- Product Documentation: Get the NPSP Trial Experience with Lightning Apps
- Trailhead: Make the Move to Lightning Experience
- Webinar Recording: Upgrade to Lightning Experience
- Webinar Recording: Lightning Struck, Now What?
- Webinar Recording: Lightning Struck, Now What? for Higher Ed
- Webinar Recording: Transition to Lightning for Higher Ed
Spring 2018 Release Notes
- Webinar Recording: Highlights of the Spring ’18 Release
- Trailhead: Spring ’18 Release Highlights Trail
Summer 2018 Release Notes
- Webinar Recording: Highlights of the Summer ’18 Release
- Trailhead: Summer ’18 Release Highlights Trail
- Release in a Box: Salesforce Release in a Box – Summer ’18
Winter 2019 Release Notes
- Webinar Recording: Winter ’19 Release Webinar
- Trailhead: Winter ’19 Release Highlights and Prepare for Salesforce Releases
- Release in a Box: Download your Winter ’19 Release in A Box
4. Fundraising & Growth
- Trailhead: Fundraise with NPSP Trail
- Article: What are Campaigns and How Do They Work?
- Article: Campaigns for Fundraising Implementation Guide
- Blog: Higher Ed Fundraising: Thinking Outside the “Thank You”
- Blog: Fundraising Analytics for Better Insight and Reporting
- E-book: Six Fundraising Strategies from Nonprofit Trailblazers
- E-book: Direct Mail for Nonprofits: How to Manage and Measure Direct Mail Communications with Salesforce
- Webinar Recording: Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- Webinar Recording: Streamline Your Org for Increased Adoption
- Webinar Recording: Work Smarter with Salesforce Automation
- Webinar Recording: Getting Started with an Inherited Org
5. Program Management + Impact
- New Getting Started with Program Management Webinar Series!
- Trailmix: Program Management Trailmix
- Blog: Want to Become a Data-Driven Organization? First, Develop an Impact Strategy
- Blog: Becoming a Data-Driven Organization Part Two: Translate Your Impact Strategy to Your Salesforce Data Model
- Webinar Recordings: “Using Data to Drive Impact” Series: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Webinar Recordings: Streamline Program Delivery Using Service Cloud: Customer Showcase and How To
- Webinar Recordings: Engage with Constituents in Community Cloud: Customer Showcase, How To – Part 1, and How To – Part 2
- Webinar Recording: Program Management Apps Demo Jam
- Webinar Recording: Build Custom Objects for Program Management
- Blog: Ask an Architect: Governance, Huh?
- Blog: Success with Salesforce: Strategic Governance for Nonprofits, Schools, and Universities
- Knowledge Article: Establishing Good Governance
- Trailhead: Governance Basics
- Webinar Recording: Effortless Governance: Running Salesforce with a Center of Excellence
7. Higher Education
- Blog: Meet the 2018-2019 Higher Education Advisory Council
- E-book: Busting 3 Massive Myths in Higher Education Fundraising
- Guide: Guide to Higher Ed Advancement
- Knowledge Article: Content Summary for Salesforce Higher Education Customers
- Knowledge Article: Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Higher Education
- Knowledge Article: Getting Started: How to Use HEDA Reporting for Better Insights
- Webinar Recording: Indiana University: Unification with a Cohesive CRM Strategy
- Webinar Recording: How to Transform Student Engagement with Salesforce Advisor Link
- Webinar Recording: Revolutionize Recruiting Communications with Marketing Cloud & HEDA
The Higher Ed Advisory Council at Dreamforce 2018, Credit: Joanna Iturbe
8. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Resources
The European Union (E.U.) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was passed in 2016 with the intent of harmonizing European data protection laws into a single set of rules, while setting a new global gold standard for data protection and privacy. In effect on May 25, 2018, the GDPR is one of the most comprehensive and strictest regulations of its kind in the world. Learn more — all resources on the Salesforce.org’s GDPR website!
- Documentation: These documents supplement (not replace) guidance from Salesforce with examples and considerations that are specific to our applications (NPSP, V4S, HEDA and SAL): Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S), Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA), Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL)
- European Union Privacy Law Basics Trailhead Trail
- FAQs: Salesforce External FAQ on the GDPR, Salesforce GDPR Fact Sheet, Data Processing Addendum
- Trust & Compliance Documentation (applicable to Salesforce products)
- Webinar Recordings: Getting Started with European Privacy Basics: A Webinar on GDPR for Nonprofit and Education Organizations
- NPSP Ask Me Anything, the first Ask Me Anything hosted in the Hub – Apr 6, 2018
- Dreamforce 2018 – Sept 25-28, 2018
Nonprofit, Higher Ed, and K-12 Breakout & Theater Session Recordings
Power of Us Live Roundtables
Nonprofit and Higher Ed Keynote Recordings
Guide: Salesforce.com Dreamforce 2018 Ultimate Content Guide
Blog: Dreamforce Reflections: Highlights from Community MVPs
Save the date for Dreamforce, Nov 19-22, 2019 in San Francisco, CA
Community photo at the Amplify Breakfast at Dreamforce 2018, Credit: Rachel Park
- Pro Bono Week 2018 – Oct 22-26, 2018
- Open Source Community Sprints 2018: Portland, Denver, Orlando
Keep an eye out for 2019 Sprints in Long Beach, CA on Feb 19 – 21, 2019 (Register today), Detroit, MI on Jul 10-12, 2019 and Philadelphia, PA on Oct 16-18, 2019
- View all upcoming World Tour Events
- View all upcoming NPSP Days
Photos from the Community Sprint in Denver, 2018 are available; check out Cori’s post in the Hub for the link to retrieve and download photos!
10. Community Milestones & Hub Happenings
- New Community Video: The Power of Us Hub
- We reached 40,000 members in the Power Of Us Community in January, 2018
- The Hub turned 5 on 8/16/2018! Follow #HubHighFive on Twitter
- The Amplify Group turned 5 on 9/12/2018 and surpassed 5,000 members
- NPSP turned 10 in October. See what the community said about NPSP turning 10
- See all 2018 Hub Heroes
- Solution Exchange was relaunched: Connect with Users like you in the Solution Exchange
Community Project: NPSP Videography & How-To Series created some amazing videos in 2018! Check out the community-generated videos.
New Power of Us Hub Community Video from 2018
That’s all, folks. Thank you for everything!
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Salesforce’s Summer ‘23 Release features offer stronger solutions in programs and grantmaking.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations such as nonprofits and education institutions manage relationships with…
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…