HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! February 2019
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
So… what happened in January?
Announcing Batch Gift Entry. We’re thrilled to share that Batch Gift Entry is now live in Sandboxes and GA in production orgs. A big thank you to the 80+ customers and partners who participated in the pilot!
What is Batch Gift Entry (BGE)?
Batch Gift Entry is a data entry tool optimized for getting donation data into the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). This new feature includes a new grid interface for high volume, mouse-free data entry, the ability to process large batch files on one page and use matching logic to prevent duplicate information and advanced donation matching and selection. See the Hub post here, and Product Documentation Overview here.
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation
Spring ’19 Release
- Notes: Spring ’19 Release Notes
- Trailhead: Spring ’19 Release Highlights
- Kit: Spring ’19 Release in a Box
- Webinar: Spring ’19 Release on 2/26
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release, every two weeks, all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Join the Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group for all general Salesforce release information; Release Notes
Extend your Learning
Our 6-week Lightning Bootcamp will guide you through a basic Lightning transition in a supportive setting. Each week we’ll cover a different topic and present resources and best practices to support you. By the end of the bootcamp you should be well on your way to rolling out Lighting to your organization. Links to register are in the Lightning Chatter Group in the Hub! Keep an eye on the left hand navigation as information is updated!
The Nonprofit Cloud Consultant Certification is now Generally Available! Learn more here.
Visit the Salesforce.org YouTube homepage to view all recordings!
Here are a the webinar recordings & slides of note from January:
- Getting Started with Salesforce for Advancement: #3 Fundraising & Growth ungated
- Getting Started with Fundraising: #2 Configure & Customize ungated
- Getting Started with Fundraising: #3 Import Data ungated
- Getting Started: Campaigns for Nonprofits ungated
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Tues, 2/19: Getting Started with Program Management Series: #2 Configure NPSP for Program Management
- Weds, 2/20: Transition to Salesforce Lightning for Higher Ed
- Mon, 2/25: Getting Started with Program Management Series: #3a Customize Cases (Service Cloud)
- Tues 2/26: Spring ’19 Release on 2/26
- Weds, 2/27: Lightning Struck–Now What? for Higher Ed
- 3/5 Getting Started with Engagement: Integrating Engagement Tools with NPSP
- Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Higher Education
- Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- See all Knowledge Articles HERE!
Blogs & E-books
- The Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Nonprofits in 2019
- 10 Higher Ed Technology New Year’s Resolutions for 2019
- Fundraising Analytics for Better Insight and Reporting
- New Research Shows Education Cloud Can Increase Student Engagement by 40%
- Increasing Student Engagement with Education Cloud
“Fundraise with Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)” is a new Salesforce.org Trailhead Trail!
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Mar 8, 2019: London Calling, Register Here.
Mar 11, 2019: Pre-NTC Power of Us Live! Event, Register Here.
Mar 13 – 15, 2019: 2019 Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC), Register Here.
Mar 20, 2019: Snowforce, Register Here.
Mar 21, 2019: Southeast Dreamin’, Register Here.
Apr 4, 2019: Transition to Lightning Bootcamp (6-week) begins! Register for the April Session
Apr 12, 2019: dreamOlé, Register Here.
Apr 16-18, 2019: Higher Ed Summit 2019, San Diego, California! Register Here.
Join our co-host, University of San Diego and hundreds of innovative institutions from around the globe on April 16-18, 2019 in sunny San Diego, California. Come excited, leave inspired to: Make Change. Make Changemakers. Get your ticket today! Register Here.
Higher Ed Summit Award Community Voting LIVE Through March 1
The time has come for our community to recognize the institutions changing the Higher Ed landscape! The Summit Awards is Salesforce.org‘s annual awards program at Higher Ed Summit. Each Summit Award gives an opportunity to recognize the incredible Trailblazers in the Salesforce.org higher education community, and voting is LIVE!
Vote here: https://sfdc.co/SummitAwards19
Read finalists stories here: https://sfdc.co/SummitAwardGuide
View all upcoming World Tour Events here.
View all upcoming NPSP Days here.
Get Help From Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 6 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
How are other organizations using Salesforce? The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe here!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners, and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise & connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed & K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
The Community Sprint, held in San Francisco on November 2-3, was a first-of-its-kind event for the Commons Community. It embraced…
Allied Airlift is a veteran and volunteer-led organization that helped Afghan allies evacuate from Afghanistan with pro bono help from…
Impact Labs convenes community experts, or fellows, across sectors to co-create new technology solutions to support specific issue areas, including…